What you get
Music on cd composed, conducted and produced by Michael Nyman Band
Recorded, mixed and edited by Austin Ince
- The photo book.
- A music cd of 20 previously unreleased pieces of music selected
by Michael to relate to the photo sequences.
- All the items are wrapped in a precious box.
Portrait of a Label
CD Track listing
1. Debbie from The Piano Sings
2. “Scarper!” from Man and Boy:Dada
3. The Mistress from The Libertine
4. Chasing Sheep is Best Left to Shepherds from The Draughtsman’s
5. Miranda from Nyman/Greenaway Revisited
6. To the Edge of the Earth from The Piano
7. Psalm from Six Celan Songs
8. Life’s Chaos from Acts of Beauty
9. Magic Forest and Göering’s Hunting Party
from Nyman Brass
10. “There you are...and that tree” from Love
11. Knowing the Ropes from Mozart 252
12. Apri le coscie from 8 Lust Songs
13. 5th Region from MGV
14. City of Turin from The Glare
15. Come unto these Yellow Sands from Acoustic Accordions,
Michael Nyman & Motion Trio
16. The Coldest Place on Earth first album release
Running Time 70 minutes
50000 Photos Can’t Be Wrong
DVD Track Listing
1. Barcelona Graffiti
3. Missing Persons
4. Beach Fatties
5. Pavement Life
6. Girl in the Swimming Pool
9. Girl in the Bar
Running Time 22 minutes
Photo Book Series
1. Optical Theory
2. CINE OPERA
3. Barcelona and Palma Light
5. Beaubourg Minder
Photobook by Michael Nyman
Michael has collaborated with the team at Volumina on a unique and
exclusive editorial project. It is focused on some different shooting
series realized by the author on different occasions and locations
(Paris, Barcelona, Venice, New York, Mexico City, Hong Kong) during
the last five years.
The colour and black and white digital photographs, shot not necessarily
before or after a concert, have been catalogued, selected, processed
and composed graphically using visual rhythms and musical systems.
Printed in a limited edition of two thousand numbered copies, the
visual diary is composed by 1,910 divided into 14 sections: Piano,
Portraits, Reflections, People, Architecture, Street, Walls, Nature,
Display, Workers, Sport and Games, Flight, Night and the 38 Bus.
Volumina is a cultural association launched with the aim of realizing
high profile artistic and technological events, focusing on interactive
exhibitions and complex editorial projects.
Our underlying mission was and remains to this day to work with
the great artists of our time to realize cutting edge multimedia
projects involving young creative talent. We produced works by Peter
Greenaway, David Cronenberg, Atom Egoyan and, now, Michael Nyman.