1. Becoming Jerome (Gattaca)
2. House on Fire (The Actors)
3. Digital Tragedy (Man with a Movie Camera)
4. Zinc Bar (The Actors)
5. The Mood that Passes through You (The Piano)
6. Silver-fingered Fling (The Piano)
7. Goodbye Moortie (The Diary of Anne Frank)
8. Through the Only Window
9. Song for Sadie
10. An Eye for Optical Theory (The Draughtsman's Contract)
11. Dolores†(The Actors)
12. The 7th Visit†(Everyday)
13. The Mistress†(The Libertine)
14. House on Fire (The Actors, reprise)
15. Franklyn (Wonderland)
The Piano Sings 2
The Piano Sings 2 is the second collection of piano music which Michael Nyman has performed and released on his label, MN Records. It covers a wider range, in terms of both chronology and dynamics, than The Piano Sings (MNRCD103) which launched the label in 2005.
It features well-known music from well-known films (The Draughtsman's Contract and The Piano), unknown music from unknown films (Conor McPherson's The Actors and Michael Winterbottom's Everyday) and also music from Enemy Zero (1997) which resurfaced in Michaelís soundtrack for Dziga Vertov's Man with a Movie Camera and in his own film NYman with a Movie Camera.
The album also contains two compositions which have no connection with film: Sadie's Song (1999) and Through the Only Window (2012). Franklyn from Michael Winterbottom's Wonderland is self-evidently the model for The 7th Visit and is included on this album as a fond memory of The Piano Sings.